Thursday, November 14, 2013

O Christmas Tree

I suppose it's the chill in the air that makes it feel like Christmas.  Perhaps it's that Mistletoe Marketplace was just last week.  Maybe it's both!  Whatever the reason, I smell it everywhere.  I have been trying to hold off on decorating, but last night I caved.  Emma and I have been stuck in the house for over a week only getting out to go to the doctor or grocery store.  We needed some cheer in here!  

It was a spontaneous decision to surprise Josh.  Em and I had most things drug out into the living room when he arrived home.  "Supise!  Mewwy Cwimas, Daddy!"  We spent the rest of the night hanging ornaments or "bashketballs" as Emma called them.  We took a quick dinner break and then went right back to it.  Em enjoyed helping us hang our special balls we've been collecting over the past four years.  She especially loved any ornament with Santa on it.  She would show me and say, "Awww Mama!  Noah Ark!".  Not quite, but I'm totally down with that!  Noah instead of Santa?  Animals flying two by two instead of reindeer?  I think she's on to something!!! 

Em went down normal time and Josh and I finally wrapped it up about 1am.  I forgot I was eight months pregnant when I started this project!  Mama Bear is a lot slower this year, but we got it done!  It's mid November and already it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment