This has been the craziest week. Josh and I came down with the stomach bug over the weekend and it has taken most of this week to recover. Praise God it is finally GONE! Emma seemed to escape untouched, but Mama isn't ruling it out just yet. Every time she coughs or gets a weird look in her eye I panic and ask, "Are you ok?!". She just looks at me like, of course.
I am finally relaxing a little bit and enjoying being well. Em and I went Thursday and experienced The Canton Flea Market for the first time. I have always wanted to go, but always had work and since Emma was born, never thought about taking her with me. After being stuck in the house all week, I thought she and I both could use an outing. We went for a couple hours, skimming the booths and strolling around. We most enjoyed the strawberry icy we shared. "Mama tun. My tun." Em would say spoon feeding me and then her. I love my little trooper!
Aside from taking care of himself, me, Em and the house [and grad school], Josh has had some sort of training this week at work. Thursday he worked 8am-9pm, but was able to get off Friday after lunch. Jake and Jessica had invited us to go to the fair with them and their littles that afternoon. We were definitely in need of some good family time so we indulged!
Emma couldn't remember the fair from last year and I don't think much about it made her think of Disney, but she definitely lit up when we arrived. She immediately went to that overwhelmed so excited place that she goes during stuff like this. Her face was blank, but her eyes were moving ninety to nothing. She was, as always, taking it all in.
After walking what felt like a thousand miles, we found The Donalds and began riding rides. Avery and Emma first rode ponies. Avery loved them, but Emma did not haha. She wanted off, but then wanted to ride again? I don't know what was going through her head haha. What I do know is she quickly became obsessed with the bumble bee ride. "Mo bee wide! Mo bee wide!" We heard I don't know how many times. Avery was pretty chill, going along with whatever we did and wherever we went. She became most enthusiastic at the pig race and petting zoo while, not surprisingly, Emma quickly recoiled from every animal.
After Penn's on the ground, the girls rode a couple more rides before we parted ways. We paid for Em to play a couple of games where she would definitely win. We left with a purple Nemo [stuffed] fish and a blow up Dora the Explorer. Josh and I agreed, it made leaving easier having the two souvenirs in hand. Four hours at the fair and this pregnant lady was pooped! We all were exhausted. Emma and Daddy went straight to bed after baths and Mama wasn't far behind. Like I said, it's been the craziest week!







No comments:
Post a Comment