We are now over halfway there! Henry James is 21weeks!!!!
When I was pregnant with Emma, I took these pictures in front of my house constantly. Between my blog and pictures, my pregnancy is well documented. This one, however, has been the opposite. Aside from the stretching and big belly, I actually tend to forget that I am pregnant. People ask me how far along I am and I'm thinking, oh my gosh how far?? I swore up and down I would never do that. I swore I would always take the same pictures and keep track just as I did before. BUT, they, whoever they may be, know what they are talking about when they say, "That will never happen!".
It's so hard to stop and take time noticing my pregnancy when I am constantly busy with my Emma. We're one week away from her two year birthday and my brain is already working overtime. Not only am I in party mode, but I am learning to deal with the terrible twos that have so quickly moved into our home. Plus potty training is in the works. I just don't have the availability I once did to pause and pose.
All that said, I wanted to take the moment to bring light to this pregnancy and all that's happening within. Little man is kicking all the time now. It's him that I feel first thing in the morning when I stir, after every drink/meal, and every time he hears big sister and daddy's voice. He sits completely differently than Emma did. She was always high in my ribs and stomach, but Henry is low. He is positioned perfectly to kick my bladder every time it's full - every. time. It's become quite comical in The Reid household. I feel like I tell Emma a thousand times a day, "Mama has to go tee tee". She will sweetly reply, "Mama tee tee. Yay!".
Since we found out Baby was a boy, the name game hasn't been as easy as it was the first go round. Josh and I have always had Henry James chosen for a boy. That was what we paired with Emma long ago. However, we have had several nay sayers strongly discourage us from using it. No one ever came out and said we should change it, but they were important enough in our lives to make us seriously doubt it. On the day we announced, we debuted Baby as Mason Henry. It wasn't until recently that we decided Henry James has always been his name and would be his name no matter what anyone said.
As for me, I have been soooo much easier to live with this pregnancy. Years ago I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder that skyrocketed while pregnant with Emma. Postpartum made it even worse and I finally was forced to take medication when Em was six months old. With God's leading, I came off my meds a month before I became pregnant with Henry. It was when I saw those two double lines that I realized God's perfect plan and knew this go round would be different. 21weeks in and that still stands!!!
It's hard to believe this pregnancy is already half gone. Cold weather, Christmas and Henry will be here before we all know it!!! EEP!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment