The other day I experienced the sweetest thing. Like many times I have done in my life, my Grandma and I swung on her porch, enjoying the cool weather. What made this different, what made this precious, was swinging with my Emma.
Every now and then, I will experience a sort of flash back to my childhood. It happened this summer, for instance, when my family and I went to Florida. I had been to Marina Bay many times growing up. Being there with my own child, while watching her interact with her cousins, took me way back. The same thing happened this day.
Grandma was holding Emma, humming softly in her ear. As we enjoyed the cool wind blowing our hair and snacking on Grandma's last pack of nabs, Emma began singing along with her. I didn't pay her any attention, because I knew she would stop. I simply closed my eyes, taking in that very special and brief moment in time.

No comments:
Post a Comment