Wednesday, September 5, 2012

12M Wellness Visit

Last week, Emma was a baby.  This week, Baby Center is calling her a toddler.  A toddler!  Yes, I cried when I read it at the top of my screen.  I was thinking, Emma isn't a toddler!  Toddlers are kids with personality and attitude.  Thinking agin, Emma is a toddler!  When did this happen?!

Emma had her 12 month wellness visit, yesterday afternoon.  We drug Braxton and Kenzie along for the ride.  Apparently, they don't like the doctor as much as Emma does haha.  Thankfully, Jenn warned me before hand.  Like she said, the moment we headed back to the exam room, they fell apart.  It wasn't long before all was good again.  I would like to think it was my soothing voice and motherly embrace that calmed them down, but I imagine the little "geen" sucker had everything to do with it.

Dr Denney was as great as ever.  He gave me the detailed run down on my new little toddler - cut back on formula, watch for accidents, teeth any day now, walking in the next couple of months etc.  I feel like I've missed something!  She was just learning to crawl!

Everything has been so gradual - Emma can smile now, Em learned to roll over, Em can sit up.  Now things seem to be on constant fast forward.  New things are happening ALL the time. I can't even remember what I've told Josh and what I haven't.  He's all the time now, "Emma said ball?"  Yeah, forgot to tell you because she's said three different other things since ball.  Thank goodness for the blog?  I mean, it's like I'm telling him - in a way.

Emma may not be walking yet, but she is talking a lot for her age.  Dr Denney was real impressed with how much she's saying, giving most of the credit to Braxton and Kenzie.  Emma is their little copy cat!

First Words:
"Mama" (Mama)
"Papa" (Daddy)
"Nana" (Nana Tana / Nana / Banana)
"Bye Bye" (Bye Bye)
"Bub ba" (Bubble)
"Baa" (Bath)
"Baw" (Ball)
"Melmo" (Elmo)
"Baa Paa" (Backpack) 
"Ma" (Aunt Mags)

Emma weighed in at 22 lbs, 4 oz (71%), 30" long (79%), with a head circumference of 18.7" (97%)!


No comments:

Post a Comment