Monday, September 10, 2012

Planet Gymnastics

Saturday, The Reids celebrated Uncle Kota's ninth birthday.  It's hard to believe I have been around long enough to watch him grow into this big, awesome nine year old.  When I met him, Dakota wasn't much older than Emma is now!  It's scary how fast time goes by.

Throughout the years, Dakota has been interested in several sports.  He's tried them all, but his newest passion is gymnastics.  I haven't heard what sparked his interest, but I find it sweet that he's doing something his brother loved many, many years ago.  It's true, Josh also took gymnastics at a young age.  I always love seeing similarities between the two even though they are growing up in different times.

It was afternoon when we joined Dakota, the family and a few of his friends at Planet Gymnastics.  There happened to be two other birthday parties happening at the same time, so there were a ton of kids bouncing, balancing and swinging around.  I picked a mat just inside the door, next to the beams for Emma to roam.  She had a ball!  She loves to crawl now that she has learned how and with the comfort of the mats beneath her, it was like little toddler heaven.

What a fun party for us all!  Happy Birthday, Uncle Kota!





No comments:

Post a Comment