Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sick Babies

It's that time again.  Emma Grace is sick.  Then again, isn't everyone right now?  This weather is for the birds!  I am so over this cold!  Bring on the spring!

Emma's diagnosis wasn't bad.  It turned out to just be the croup.  A three day antibiotic and cough syrup knocked it out in a matter of a day or two.  The big worry was keeping her away from Henry while she coughed and snotted everywhere.  Alas, I didn't do that great of a job.  Henry came down with it too.  

I worried a couple of days before taking him in.  He continued to get worse and I feared it had become RSV.  I learned that RSV isn't going to develop from the croup, but is actually it's own thing.  If Henry had the croup like Emma, then RSV would have to come from somewhere else.  Dr Adcock was almost positive it was the same thing big sister had, but to put me at complete ease, he swabbed Henry anyways.  Results showed NO RSV!  Apparently siblings do share everything.

1 comment:

  1. We have the same doctors for everything! Are you my sister?

    ReplyDelete