Monday, December 30, 2013

Henry 2weeks

Henry is almost two weeks old and I am looooving my life right now.  Josh took the week he was born off and has been home ever since thanks to Christmas break.  We are getting the sweetest time together 24/7 with each other and our TWO beautiful kids.  We're awake at all hours, taking turns napping off and on.  If only this could go on for another couple of months!!!!

Josh has been my lifesaver.  He has done everything and I mean EVERYTHING these past two weeks.  Last delivery/recovery was much different than my section.  I have pretty much been zero help to him.  I can hold and feed Henry, but just about everything else hurts in some way or another.  I am going to mourn when he goes back to work!

Emma has been a total rockstar.  I've always had a bad habit of underestimating her.  I assumed bringing home a new baby would send her off her rocker like most kids her age.  Surprise!  She loves him!  I really can not brag on her enough.  She alerts me when he's crying, she covers him if he kicks off his blanket, she kisses his head fifty times a day ["MWAH, Baby Henwy, MWAH."], she adores to"tickle baby toesies".  She even fell partially on him/the bouncy the other day, hurt her leg and cried out, "I huwt Baby Henwy!".  Poor baby thought she had hurt her brother when it was plain as day she was the wounded.  She's two and already showing sweet signs of selflessness.

Henry is my little dream baby.  He is everything good and more.  He's just under two weeks and already on a sleep schedule, y'all!  I am serious!!!!  He sleeps, eats, stares at us a few hours a day and then starts all over again.  He barely even cries!  I can hear all the moms out there OMGing me.  All I can say is, I prayed for my easy baby.  Emma Grace was not this easy peasy.  Maybe it's the difference in me, I don't know.  I was extra anxious with her and am so much more relaxed this go round.  Praying that continues as Josh returns to work Jan 6!

Mama is adjusting as well.  I've been having a bit of a hard time.  Mostly just being still.  I want to be 100% and back to normal.  I want to help Josh and play on the floor with our Emma.  I am ready to be me again and am having to take time to heal.  My incision developed a seroma [painful pocket of oozing fluid] which set me back a few days.  Once Dr drained it, I really turned a corner, but have also been battling that same UTI and a few other not so sweet side effects from the section.  I've been very weak and vulnerable, crying allllll the time.  Hormones are flying!  My poor family just stares at me sometimes haha.  God is teaching me to be still.  He has literally forced me to stop and listen.  Through the pain and through the unknown, He has continued to comfort me.  He gave super strength to my husband, helped Emma transition beautifully, and made Henry the easiest baby in the world.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!



No comments:

Post a Comment