Today we had Em's two year wellness visit. Dr Denney said Emma was one of the smartest two year olds he has seen in a while! He said she interacted with him better than some three year olds! I was beaming!!!
Em weighed in at 32 lbs (95%), measured 35.5" long (89%), and had the head circumference of almost 20" (98%)! Wow!!! She's making room for that big brain of hers!
Her soft spot has officially closed, which officially broke my heart a little bit. I am 100% grateful for her healthy development, but am feeling so sentimental these days. I don't know if it's Em hitting the two year mark or my pregnancy hormones hitting the six month mark, but I am having a hard time accepting my baby girl won't be the baby in the house anymore.
This afternoon, post appointment and post nap, Emma and I gathered on the floor for a little pretend play. We slurped on soup and sipped on tea. "Mmm yesh!" she would say. My heart just melted as I watched her run around in her diaper, dip her spoon in her cup, and ask me if I want "shome". Everyday, I thought.






No comments:
Post a Comment