Friday, May 13, 2011

Quite the Little Personality

Emma Grace is getting quite the little personality.  We're at 23 weeks now and she's moving more and more everyday.  The kicking is so much stronger than even last week!  It amazes me how strong she is at one pound.  Sometimes she dances so much she makes me nauseous!  Music still provokes her to move and voices (at my belly) make her turn with interest.  It's like she's seeing who is talking to her.

One of my favorite things I experienced lately was her response to light.  I read, probably a month ago, that baby could now respond to light.  I never did a test or noticed anything until earlier this week.  It was the middle of the night and I was picking something up on my bedside table that was knocked over.  I turned the lamp on and instantly she turned away.  I felt her elbow as if she was shading her eyes with her little arm.  Just like mama, she doesn't want to wake up with light.  I love it.

Yesterday, I read that we might start noticing her kicks from the outside as well.  Last night I lay on my back (best way for Josh to feel) and she started kicking.  I lifted my shirt to expose my belly and there they were - her kicks! Josh and I saw her kicking!  It was the neatest thing watching my stomach ripple with every move she made.  I got so excited I just kept laughing and smiling.  She is the coolest little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment