Today marks my 25th week of pregnancy! I honestly can hardly believe it. I've been pregnant longer than I have left. It's really hit a new level for me lately. There has been a lot of shower talk - dates and places. Josh and I have scheduled our birthing classes for early August. The nursery is developing so rapidly. It's just insane that summer is here and Emma will be arriving shortly after.
I just recently read that the third trimester begins at week 28. I can't believe that I am only a few weeks from entering my last phase of my first pregnancy. You always hear about how it will fly by. Once the constant nausea and exhaustion passed, time has most definitely flown.
A few weeks ago I realized my energy level has gone up a lot - granted, I'm getting a lot of extra sleep these days with work hours cut (bitter sweet). I just choose to embrace it and indulge in my bed as much as I can. I know that soon the energy will be drained and sleep will not exist ha.
Hormones sure have stepped up their game this trimester. It's definitely been a battle to deal with. The first trimester was physical and this has definitely been emotional. I have really had to dive into God's Word and get out of my own head - get away from my own thoughts. My anxiety and stress levels rise with the increase in hormones so my mind becomes an exhausting place to be. Constantly concerned with the unknown or the what ifs. The Word has definitely been the best medicine for me. A daily dose I have made part of my routine - something needed for a while now.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8
Emma is still doing well, still getting bigger and still getting stronger. She is about a pound and a half from what I read online and now gaining that baby fat. She is pretty much developed into the newborn she will be in September. From now until then she will just be gaining weight. I love it! Baby rolls!!
No comments:
Post a Comment