Such a sweet, sweet picture of Baby Reid at 16 weeks. It's the first sonogram we've taken that Baby looks like an actual baby. It was so exciting to see him/her waving and moving around. It was just so sweet. I couldn't say anything else. Look at the little nose - so sweet. Look at the little feet (not pictured) - so sweet. My mom was definitely getting a kick out of me.
The tech said we could check to see the sex of Baby Reid but, at 16 weeks it's a pretty grey area. My appointment in two weeks would make all the difference. She tried and she tried but, Baby Reid's little legs were crossed revealing nothing at all. I want to know so badly but, seeing that sweet baby for the first time was fulfilling enough. Two more weeks and we'll know.
The Bad:
After Tummies and Toddlers Saturday I was pretty worn out. It doesn't take long before making my body tired and the little bit I walked that morning did me in. However, we kept shopping that afternoon. My family was in town and there was no way I was giong to miss out on visiting and having a good time. I knew that meant I would be pretty tired and probably sore. I did not know it would send me to the doctor Monday and change my week.
After feeling strong abdomenal pains Saturday and Sunday, I called my doctor Monday morning to see if it was the stretching or the over exhertion that was making me hurt. I fully expected to be told it was normal just relax but, they wanted to see me just in case it was early contractions. My mom met me at my docotor and two hours later we had seen Baby Reid and learned that I did indeed just wear my body out. The pains were nothing effecting the baby and turned out not to be contractions at all. It was a relief.
The Growing:
I am still pretty sore from my fun weekend but, I have a feeling part of the pain is due to baby growing and growing. Things I've read tell me the next few weeks baby will be doubling every week. I remember in the first trimester when baby was doubling and the soreness I felt then. I can only imagine with baby bigger and getting bigger and bigger the pain will be here. So when I'm tired and hurting I love to think of Baby Reid growing big and strong.
My sweet husband bought me a snoogle! It's this worm of a pillow designed for expecting mothers. He surprised me the day of my doctor's appointment and made my night and all future night's better. He's so wonderful.
My next appointment - April 14. THE appointment. CAN'T WAIT!
No comments:
Post a Comment