Friday, September 9, 2011

Going Home

The second night did not pass as gracefully as the first.  Emma Grace was overstimulated during that first day with all the company, pictures taken and doctors checking her out.  She was up all night inconsolably. 

Being the new mom that I am, I cried all night with her.  It felt like I was suppose to make her feel better and I wasn't able to.  What kind of a mother am I?!  Thankfully, my hospital has some of the greatest nurses that helped console my emotional state and put me in the right mind set to head home.  They were gracious enough to let me surpass the time line they usually have by getting new parents and infants out by noon.  We got ready slowly, had some lunch and left in our own time and speed.  I am forever thankful for the hospital staff and all they did for my little family's stay.





No comments:

Post a Comment